Serve as a primary contact to meet our customer needs, to manage overall Operations and responsible for the effective and successful management of labour, productivity and to improve our customer experience.
Field Support Engineers
Field Technical Team
Key Result Areas
- Employee performance and corrective action plans.
- Utilise Secom’s operating platform to drive performance and improve productivity.
- Communicate with all relevant employees to ensure delivery times are met.
- Commercial awareness
- Set individual targets to meet customers SLAs, KPI, (performance management).
- Manage and improve System Usage across engineering platforms/Portals
- Delivering first class customer service to improve retention and growth of key accounts and Fire within the region.
- Improving productivity and delivering margin improvement throughout the business
- Implementing Change Management
- Providing strong, high-profile leadership and driving change in terms of structure, culture and processes.
- Manage client SLA/KPI via client portals
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Co-ordinates activities that affect the operational decisions and Business requirements.
- Commercial: To ensure margins and profitability are achieved across areas of responsibility.
- To deliver improvements in the productivity and performance of the Engineering function, forecasting and reporting performance against appropriate targets.
- To implement and embed best practices by fully utilising Secom’s Operating platform, Implement, adopt new processes and embed changes as necessary.
- Resource Management to ensure headcount is relocated and maximised to meet clients demands/to ensure each employee is registered across all Secom platforms, HR, Payroll, ASC, mobile and Fleet.
- To support the sales process in securing new business, working in collaboration with the Head of sales/ director in designing service propositions and delivering them to clients.
- To maintain inventory stock control of field engineers and record monthly for financial auditing purposes. Submission of inventory stock monthly into Central Stores to demonstrate financial control of stock.
- To improve the quality of service delivery to Secom customers, ensuring first time fix rates are improved and ensuring PPMs and critical works are carried out within the required timescales. (Performance management).
- To successfully mobilise new contacts into the business, managing transition phases from existing suppliers.
- To ensure the Regional organisation has the management capability to support the culture and process changes required.
- To ensure all staff within the Service function have role guides and clear objectives against which they are regularly appraised, and that minimum expectations of the role of Manager to Engineer are set in terms of key metrics such as jobs per day etc.
- To deliver the necessary changes to processes, systems and management are made in order to ensure Engineers are scheduled effectively and in a way, that minimises the cost to the organisation.
- To ensure that the Service organisation has an effective and efficient process for ordering parts and delivering them to site as required. In conjunction with Central Stores and Distribution.
The Engineering Area Manager will have a proven track record of success in a Fire & Security Customer delivery role, including leadership of a large field team. He or she will be highly numerate, and have a driven, can do approach. Experience of the Fire and Security Industry is preferred along with commercial/financial acumen. To be able to demonstrate experience of Managing a large Service environment with similar characteristics to Secom (large field force, impact of service quality, compliance etc.) would be a distinct advantage.
Top Skills and Proficiencies
- Leadership, Ownership & Accountability
- Conflict & Performance Management
- Decision making, Planning and organising
- Deadline orientated
- Communication Skills
How to apply
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and expertise demanded from this position, then please send your application to email@example.com