Secom Care App is a monitoring App for connecting family and friends to the users of Secom Care Hub personal response systems (PERS). When a helpbutton is pressed, emergency alerts are sent to all responders simultaneously, notifying them via push notifications and text messages. Through the App, users can view who has responded, what action has been taken, and they can in-App message each other during an event.
How SECOM Care App Works:
- Free App download for both Android and iPhone compatible devices.
- Create an account using your name, mobile phone number and a password.
- Add a device – scan or enter the serial number of the Secom Care Hub you wish to monitor.
- Enter the verification code and the end user details including their name and address so you can support them in an emergency.
- An emergency activation is sent via cellular data to Secom Care Central, a cloud monitoring solution, and loud push notifications are immediately sent simultaneously to all associated App users.
- Push notifications occur every 30 seconds, override silent settings where possible, are loud and as visual as the device will allow.
- Following no action taken for 2 mins, an SMS (text message) is also sent to notify App users there is an emergency event in progress.
- No action for 3.5 minutes can result in Secom Monitoring being alerted.
- The first App user to take action by clicking RESPOND takes responsibility for managing the event.
- All App users see who has responded, and they can in-App message to keep each other up to date with what is happening.
- When the emergency is resolved the Responder closes the event. A full history of actions taken is recorded in the App if required for future reference.
- App users can also receive regular updates from Secom Care Hub including daily test reports, battery and power status, and missing pendant alerts.
- Secom Care Hub can have multiple responders.
- The App can be paired with multiple Secom Care Hub base units, so an App user can act as a responder to a number of people.
- For added personal security, Secom Care Hub will be linked to Secom Monitoring centre to provide backup response in the event that an alarm is raised and there are no responders available.