As the Proposal Writer you will be responsible for all aspects of the Tender Production process within Secom UK PLC. You will have experience of working within a complex organisation, be comfortable working to challenging customer-driven timescales with associated performance KPI’s, be skilled & experienced in the production of highly detailed bid information & documentation, and able to work effectively with a diverse internal project team on each tender.
Proposal Writer Responsibilities
- Prepare effective new business proposals by determining concept, creating and gathering information, and authoring & proofing content;
- Manage the information flow on each proposal within the organisation;
- Categorise information in a Compliance Matrix;
- Ensure Quality Assurance of each proposal prior to completing Secom UK PLC management sign-off processes;
- Deliver completed Tender Documentation to customer in line with their requirements.
- Create & maintain a ‘best in class’ Tender Content Library & devise processes to enable easy retrieval of key information, minimise re-work, and increase tender production efficiency.
Proposal Writer Duties
- Work with the Commercial Director and other senior managers to update existing Tender Content Library & maintain efficiently thereafter.
- Create and syndicate an efficient internal process for managing future tenders/RFPs across the organisation.
- Coordinate subject matter experts and other team members to ensure timely delivery on key milestones, chairing & hosting associated team meetings as required.
- Work with the Sales Team to provide internal consultancy on all bid management issues.
- Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes agreed with Commercial Director
- Maintain quality results by creating & maintaining a range of standard templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; creating and maintaining proposal support databases
- Develop proposals by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organisation credentials
- Obtain approvals by reviewing & agreeing final proposal with key internal stakeholders and project team members.
- Ability to write effective, concise & compelling content working to challenging customer-driven timescales.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & a willingness to collaborate within a dynamic team environment.
- A high attention to detail with an excellent editing & proofreading ability.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise & manage workload.
- Skilled in the production of attractive, well-presented documentation showcasing highly complex content.
- Capable of matrix-managing a complex & diverse internal team to ensure consensus on all project objectives is achieved,
- Deadline orientated with effective time management skills.
- Market Intelligence & the ability to use this knowledge to create competitive advantage for the organisation.
- Effective Problem Solving skills.
- A commitment to embedding Continuous Improvement methodology & processes into all proposal development activities.
- May be required to undertake formal evaluation & testing on key role characteristics as part of the recruitment process.
- Based in our National Accounts office in Maidstone
- May be a requirement to travel to other Secom offices across the UK on an occasional basis in line with specific project demands.
- Potential for home-working on occasion.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ideally Educated to Bachelor’s degree level in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a complex Corporate, Media or Public Service environment.
- Able to demonstrate experience of writing & managing highly detailed, customer-focussed business proposals across a full lifecycle.
- A formal Project Management qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
- Negotiable depending on experience
How to apply
If you feel you have the enthusiasm for this challenging position, then please send your applications in writing, marked “Private and Confidential” to:
Commercial / Sales & Marketing Director
52 Godstone Road
SECOM Plc is an equal opportunity employer.