We are currently seeking an IT Support Engineer to work within the IT department based in the Kenley office.
The role will include logging and resolving IT support requests, setting up hardware, software and networks, and assisting end users.
- To provide IT Support to a range of staff members, the role will be primarily office based but will require occasional site visits in the UK therefore a full UK driving license is essential.
- Troubleshooting mobile email for remote users with Android / iPhone smartphones.
- General IT Administration duties such as laptop/desktop auditing and management.
- Liaising with 3rd party support providers.
- Managing the issuing of new IT equipment
- Documenting and managing the disposal of IT equipment
Key Personal Skills
- Experience within a similar IT Support role.
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills.
- Ability to work with both technical and nontechnical staff and the ability to work as part of a small team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Key Technical Skills
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Win7 and Win10)
- Solid networking knowledge (TCP/IP, Firewalls, VLANS)
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 and Microsoft Terminal Services
- Strong knowledge of basic IT packages: Office, Outlook.
- Experience with file storage devices (NAS, SAN)
- Grass roots knowledge and understanding of PC builds, motherboards, CPUs, memory, disks etc.
- Experience with managing Windows Desktops/Laptops in a Windows AD environment
Desirable Technical Skills
- Knowledge of Linux and other open source software (mySQL)
- Knowledge in cloud based services such as Google Apps for Business and salesforce
- Knowledge of encryption software such as becrypt or similar
- Experience with Eset Anti Virus Software
How to apply
If you have the required skills and are looking for a new challenge, please send your applications to: