Field Engineering Supervisor/Project Manager
Serve as a primary contact to meet our customer needs, to manage new installations, planned visits or reactive response calls. The individual is responsible for the effective and successful completion of the visit to improve our customer experience and meet our customer’s high expectations.
Key Result Areas
- To improve the quality of our customer experience to Secom customers, ensuring programme of works, first time fix rates and replans are improved. Ensuring PPMs and critical works are carried out within the required timescales. (Performance management)
- Communicate with all team members, Planners, NSB, sub-contractors, relevant employees and clients to ensure delivery times are met.
- To ensure all staff within the Service/Installation function have role guides and clear objectives against which they are regularly appraised, and that minimum expectations of the role of Manager to Engineer are set in terms of key metrics such as completion of jobs, over runs etc. (Performance management).
- Communicate with all relevant employees to ensure delivery times are met and improve System Usage across engineering.
- Manage all clients SLA/KPI performance via our clients platforms/Portals. To ensure the Company’s agreements are achieved.
- To deliver the necessary changes to processes, systems and management are made in order to ensure Engineers are scheduled effectively and in a way, that minimises the cost to the organisation.
- To ensure that the Service/Installation organisation has an effective and efficient process for ordering parts and delivering them to site as required. In conjunction with Central Stores and Distribution.
- Health and Safety management, enforcing standards. Ensure all e-learning modules are completed for team compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring replans, snagging, parts, equipment are attended too and resolved to meet client’s expectations and SLA’s
- Utilise Secom’s Operating platform and field app always, to ensure workflow is followed correctly.
- Accountable for Project margin, labour expensed and control of material.
- Meet all Programme of works through internal and external communication.
- Responsible for monitoring, uploading all documentation onto Secom’s operating platform.
- Commercial awareness to ensure hours on jobs are not expensed due to non-productivity.
- Understand and respond to all customers SLA’s and KPI agreements, (Performance management).
- Responsible for team members are logging onto and off client’s portals and platforms.
- Delivering a first-class customer experience to improve retention and growth of key accounts and Fire within the Up.
- Manage client SLA/ KPI
- Raise individual performance (direct or sub contract labour) issues to Management
The field engineering supervisor will have a proven track record of success in a Fire & Security Customer delivery role, including being part of a large field team. He or she will be highly numerate, and have a driven, can do approach with an aptitude for further management progression. Experience of the Fire and Security Industry is preferred along with engineering acumen. To be able to demonstrate field experience within a large Service environment with similar characteristics to Secom (large field force, control by a service desk, impact of service quality, compliance etc.) would be a distinct advantage.
Top Skills and Proficiencies
- Engineering skills
- Ownership, winning mentality
- Customer care/facing skills
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Fault finding skills
- Decision making
- Deadline orientated
- Planning and organising
- Communication Skills
- Influencing and Leading
- Team work
How to apply
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and expertise demanded from this position, then please send your application via email to Justine at email@example.com