Within their currently expanding Quality Service Provider package, SECOM PLC provide a rapid response service to their clients’ intruder alarm activations.
Upon receipt of an alarm signal received at our Control Centre, a Response Officer will proceed by company vehicle to the relevant premises. They will enter the premises, silence the alarm and, where possible, locate the cause of the activation and take steps to rectify the problem. If the cause is not visually apparent a Service Technician will be sent to check the alarm system.
The officer will then set the alarm and ensure that the premises are secure.
The service offered would include the response personnel liaising with clients who are encountering operation difficulties or environmental problems with the intention of additional user training or advice on false alarm prevention.
The Key Response Personnel will be responsible for:
- Attending alarm activations & checking a variety of premises, both residential and commercial
- The operation of various alarm system control units – full training will be given
- Resolving problems which may involve liaising with the police, the client or our own service technicians
- Follow up client visits to resolve ongoing alarm operation problems
- Providing detailed written reports following all call outs and accurately recording all movement of keys
The Requirements are:
- Honest, reliable and courteous person
- Able to provide checkable references covering, at least, the last 10 years
- Current full driving licence (preferably clean) and able to drive a manual vehicle
- Literate and able to complete reports
- Able to think quickly and confidently deal with a variety of situations
- Be flexible and able to work as part of a team within a day/nights shift rota pattern
- Able to work overtime to help cover department holiday & sickness
- SIA Licence holder – SECOM can assist applicant to arrange qualification if required
- A working Knowledge of London is an advantage, but not essential
- Starting rate of pay will be £8.90 per hour (£19,437.60)
- For experienced applicants the salary will be £10 per hour (£21,840 pa)
- Available overtime paid at time and a half.
- Bank holidays (within rota) are included in salary but additional bank holidays worked are paid at double time
- Earning potential including a small amount of overtime is in excess of £22,000 p.a.
- 20 days holiday – Sick pay paid after a qualifying period.
- Life assurance scheme & Company medical package available after qualifying period
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT AN ENGINEERING NOR A SECURITY GUARDING POSITION
How to apply
Please send your application to Justine at firstname.lastname@example.org