Within our currently expanding Quality Solutions Provider package, SECOM PLC provide a rapid response service to their clients’ intruder alarm activations.
The successful applicant will be required to work a dual role within our Key Response and Alarm Receiving Centre operations
Upon receipt of an alarm signal received at our Control Centre, a Response Officer will proceed by company vehicle to the relevant premises. They will enter the premises, silence the alarm and, where possible, locate the cause of the activation and take steps to rectify the problem. If the cause is not visually apparent a Service Technician will be sent to check the alarm system.
The officer will then set the alarm and ensure that the premises are secure.
When not out on a call you will be required to monitor alarm activations and distribute the calls to the relevant officers and be responsible for recording details of the response performance from the Control Centre
The service offered would include the response personnel liaising with clients who are encountering operation difficulties or environmental problems with the intention of additional user training or advice on false alarm prevention.
The Key Response Personnel will be responsible for:
- Attending alarm activations & checking a variety of premises, both residential and commercial
- The operation of various alarm system control units – full training will be given
- Resolving problems which may involve liasing with the police, the client or our own service technicians
- Providing detailed written reports following all call outs and accurately recording all movement of keys
- Assisting customers over the telephone who are experiencing equipment operation difficulties and remotely resetting alarms or diagnosing faults which may require you booking calls for our service technicians
- Assisting the Control Centre operators when not carrying out calls
The Requirements are:
- Honest, reliable and courteous person
- Able to provide checkable references covering, at least, the last 10 years
- Current full driving licence (preferably clean) band able to drive a manual vehicle
- Literate and able to complete reports
- Able to think quickly and confidently deal with a variety of situations
- Be flexible and able to work as part of a team within a night shift rota pattern
- SIA Licence holder – SECOM can assist applicant to arrange qualification
- Clearly spoken and have a good telephone manner
- Basic PC operation ability
- Starting rate of pay will be £8.90 per hour (£19,437.60)
- For experienced applicants the salary will be £10 per hour (£21,840 pa)
- Available overtime paid at time and a half.
- Bank holidays (within rota) are included in salary but additional bank holidays worked are paid at double time
- Earning potential including a small amount of overtime is in excess of £22,000 p.a.
- 20 days holiday – Sick pay paid after a qualifying period.
- Life assurance scheme & Company medical package after qualifying period
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT AN ENGINEERING NOR A SECURITY GUARDING POSITION
How To Apply
Please send your application to Justine at firstname.lastname@example.org