Based in Kenley, North Surrey.
- Assisting in the timely and accurate production of the company’s and any subsidiary company’s management accounts on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for producing regular balance sheet reconciliations as requested by the Financial Accountant.
- Assist in the day to day maintenance and management of the accounts system and offer insight and direction to improve and automate the system further
- Liaising with managers from all departments to ensure that information flows smoothly both to and from those departments to allow good quality management information to be produced in a timely manner
- Responsible for ensuring the system for producing bank reconciliations is efficient and reviewing bank reconciliations to ensure they are properly carried out monthly
- Responsible for reviewing, on a sample basis, supplier statement reconciliations and ensuring these are regularly performed
- Periodic review of purchase ledger to ensure oddities are looked at and dealt with, such a debit balances.
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual budget and any reforecasts during the year
- Review and document systems and procedures and recommend improvements in efficiency and process ensuring adequate documentation for the JSOX requirements
- To carry out periodic visits to regional offices to review their use of systems and their interaction with Finance and ensuring compliance with procedures/systems and JSOX
- Assist with preparation of tax returns and tax packs
- Deputise for the Financial Accountant during periods of absence
- Any other tasks as reasonably required by the Board of Directors
Skills and Capabilities
- Highly numerate
- Excellent analytical, data and spreadsheeting skills
- The ability to communicate with non-finance people in a clear and understandable way
- Excellent system skills with previous experience in Sage X3 or similar ERP system beneficial
- A passion for getting things right and improving system efficiency and integration with other systems
- Good time management and the ability to work well with people in a team (including people management whilst deputising for the Financial Accountant)
- The ability to break down a complex problem into manageable chunks and deal with these
Professional Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of part-qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of a similar role
- Experience of using or installing a large ERP system
- Some experience of internal audit an advantage
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please provide your CV and any other relevant supporting information to:
SECOM PLC is an equal opportunity employer