SECOM Plc is a world class company supplying tailored security solutions to homes, businesses and public sector organisations throughout the UK. We are a global organisation operating at the local level and committed to providing state-of-the-art solutions to all of our customers. Our strength lies in our reliability and commitment to customer service.
We are looking for a number of (Apprentice) Fire Engineer and Security Systems Engineers to join our organisation local to your area!
- Educated to a good basic standard with a minimum of 4 GCSEs or equivalent, at Level 2 or Grade A to C including English & Maths.
- A desire to move into the Security industry!
- Have a full UK driving license.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A technical mind-set.
- Analytical in your methods.
- Ability to use initiative to think through problems and find solutions.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to think outside the box, be curious and innovative.
- Examine Fire and Security Systems to locate problems or issues along with recommendations in accordance with British Standards or regulations.
- Test and service backup batteries for fire and security systems and check programs and verify systems are functional.
- Diagnose system fault and respond where possible.
- Mount and fix and Terminate Fire alarm and security systems along with ancillary items.
- Maintain fire and security systems in accordance with the British Standards and Manufacturers regulations.
- Review and understand electrical drawings or building blueprints and follow design details.
- Install electrical cables in accordance with the design drawings in all types of premises, including conduits, tray work and bracketry.
- Inspect installations by others; review install methods and suggest alternative install ideas.
- Read manuals and keep yourself up to date with the latest technology advances in the fire and security industry.
- Demonstrate systems for customers, answer technical questions and offer advice. Grow very strong customer focus skills to provide the Secom quality service provision.
- Program fire and security systems, reviewing and implementing the cause and effect process.
- Understand the consequences of programming systems and their effect on other building integrated life safety systems.
- Provide customers with a can-do attitude and actions.
- Communicate with customers to identify their needs and assess their risks for both fire and security systems.
- Provide out of hours cover along with working outside of normal working hours to maintain life safety and security system integrity.
- Maintain our customer as your number one priority, keeping integrity and customer satisfaction as your key objective.
- Provide team support to other engineers and colleagues when required.
- Develop a network of support to maintain the quality provision.
Why work for us? (Secom’s commitment to you as an apprentice):
- A structured training program over 3 years to provide you with the skills, knowledge and behaviours expected of our Secom engineers.
- All training will be completed within your contracted hours of employment.
- Ongoing progress assessments and guidance support /reviews, to meet the criteria standards and the On-the-job training and development.
- A support network of technical and experienced engineers, who mentor your development and support your learning, assessment and continual progress.
- A quality assessment of your learning program and skills knowledge and behaviours as a Fire and Security engineer.
- A guaranteed offer of employment at the end of the apprenticeship.
- Access to a company vehicle (those who can meet our driver intelligence analysis).
- A 360° awareness of how the Security industry works and career avenues open to those who wish to follow certain pathways.
- An above average pay structure that allows the apprentice to progress their income via grading of their work and progress in multi-disciplined systems.
- A career pathway of continual professional development.
- A set of skills, knowledge and behaviours that make you stand out from the crowd.
- The opportunity to join the Engineering Technical Council as you will have met the necessary competence and commitment standards.
- Excellent benefits – vehicle, phone, laptop, paid holiday, + career progression.
How to apply
To apply please send your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org